We will update this policy from time to time and display it on the Site. This policy was last updated on 18th May 2018
Information Collected and Used
During the operation and maintenance of our Site, we may collect and process data about you when you 1) visit or browse our website 2) and/or communicate with us by other means. Instances of when we may collect and process your information is outlined below:
Visiting or browsing our website
- Information about your visit and use of our Site including details of pages viewed and the resources that you access. Other information includes (but is not limited to) traffic data, location data and other communication data such as information about your browser and operating system. • Information provided voluntarily by you when you use our Contact form.
- Information provided voluntarily by you when you use our Contact form.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on www.martynmaddengroup.co.uk (the ‘Site’) or subdomains we use. This may include, but is not limited to, information such as your name and email address provided at the time of requesting a prospectus, brochure or specification about our products and services, registering interest or subscribing to any service, or requesting access to free content.
Communicating with us by any means
- Registering or asking for information about a specific service that we offer.
- Registering and/or subscribing to our blog, newsletter or other service that we may offer.
- Asking us for information about a product or service, or contacting us with a question, report of a problem or a complaint
- Giving us your permission to send you emails about our company, our new products and services and other updates.
- Giving us permission to talk to you about how you are using our products or services, for example during telephone marketing.
- Taking part in a competition or survey (if you give your permission to take part).
- Keeping you up to date about an order for products or services.
- Keeping you informed about new products and services or updates or changes to our Site, products and services (unless you choose not to receive our marketing messages).
- Contacting you about how to use our products and services.
- Contacting you about invoices for using our products and services.
- Responding to any questions or concerns you may have about using our products or services.
- We may also collect information about you from other organisations, if this is appropriate. These include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories and credit reference agencies.
IP Addresses and Web Browser Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you or any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Site according to your individual interests; and
- recognise you when you return to the Site.
Why We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide and improve our products and services to you. We may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To improve your user and/or customer service experience
- Information you provide helps us respond to your user and/or customer service requests and support your needs more efficiently
- To personalise your user experience We may use information to understand how you and others as a group use our products, services and other resources provided on our Site.
- To send periodic emails We may use the email address to send you information and updates pertaining to an order. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries, questions, concerns and/or other requests. If you decide to opt-in to our subscription lists, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or provide details so that you may contact us via our Site.
The information we may collect about you depends on the products and services you use from us and subscribe to. It includes (but isn’t limited to) the following:
- Your name, address, phone number and email address;
- Your preferences for particular products or services when you tell us what they are or when we assume what they are, depending on how you use our products and services;
- Your contact with us, such as a note or recording of a call you make to our office, an email or letter you send to us or other records of any contact you have with us; We’ll store your information for as long as we have to by law. If there’s no legal requirement, we’ll only store it for as long as is reasonable. We’ll also keep some personal information for a reasonable period after any working relationship has finished, in case you decide to use our services again. We may contact you about our services during this time if you haven’t opted out of receiving marketing communications from us.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Information
We do not sell, trade, rent or share personal identification information about visitors to our Site or customers who buy our products and services, to others including third party organisations. We do not buy lists of names and addresses for marketing purposes.
- In the event that we sell any or all our business to another organisation, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that organisation.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information. This may include law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud. This may include: 1) Credit reference, fraud prevention or business scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies 2) Debt collection agencies or other debt recovery organisations.
- We’ll release information if it’s reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers.
- We may need to transfer your information to other group companies or service providers in countries outside the EEA (European Economic Area). This may happen if our servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside the EEA, or if you use our services and products in countries outside this area.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to protect your personal information from accidental lost, unauthorised access, misuse, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our Site it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
If we have a contract with another organisation to provide us with services or a service on our behalf to process your personal information, we’ll make sure they have appropriate security measures and only process your information in the way we’ve authorised them to. These organisations won’t be entitled to use your personal information for their own purposes. If necessary, our team will check them to make sure they meet the security requirements we’ve set.
Communications over the internet (such as emails) aren’t secure unless they’ve been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before being delivered, as this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that’s beyond our control.
Third Party Links
On occasion we may include links to third party organisations on our Site. When you click on links, they may direct you away from our Site. Where we provide a link it does not mean that we endorse or approve that site’s policy towards visitor privacy. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements before sending them any personal data.
The Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you the right to access any information that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. You can write to us at any time to get a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
If you believe we’re holding inaccurate information about you, please contact our customer services team (through the Contact page on our Site) so that we can correct it.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing our products and services. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or un-checking (as directed) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by sending an email to the unsubscribe address included on any marketing emails we send you. You can opt out of our marketing at any time by updating your preferences on any subscriptions you sign up to. You can also exercise your right at any time by asking us to remove you from future marketing by emailing us at: email@example.com
Alternatively, if you no longer wish to receive marketing messages from us, please contact our marketing team through our Contact page and you’ll be ‘opted out’.
How to Contact Us
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone 029 2077 8202 between the hours of 08.30am and 16.30pm Monday to Friday GMT.
In writing to us at Unit 16 Waterside Business Park, Lamby Way, Cardiff, Cf3 2 ET. (Registered Office).